Update: December 3, 2014 – 5.0.9 Hotfix Release
- Disabling cookies prevents the uploader from initializing. (#1324)
Update: October 9, 2014 – 5.0.8 Hotfix Release
- File drag & drop doesn’t work in IE11. (#1309)
- File chooser button doesn’t render properly in IE8 (#1306)
- Paste event handler is not removed when uploader is reset. (#1305)
Update: October 1, 2014 – 5.0.7 Hotfix Release
- Only target iOS Safari upload limitation for iOS 8.0.0. Uploads in Safari should work starting with iOS 8.0.1. (#1284)
Update: September 18, 2014 – 5.0.6 Hotfix Release
- Multiple file selection not possible after initially submitting multiple files via file chooser. (#1287)
Update: September 17, 2014 – 5.0.5 Hotfix Release
- Files cannot be uploaded at all in iOS8 Safari Please see the post on iOS8 browser bugs for more details. (#1284)
- Browser crashes in iOS8 Chrome when multiple option is set to false. Please see the post on iOS8 browser bugs for more details. (#1283)
- “qquuid” meta tag missing in Fine Uploader S3 upload requests. (#1286)
- With scaling enabled and the multiple option set to false, files cannot be uploaded. (#1278)
- Upload choose button may require a double click in IE for a large button. (#1277)
- Traditional endpoint cross-origin uploads broken in IE8 & IE9. (#1272)
- Tall upload chooser buttons do not invoke file chooser dialog unless top of button is clicked. (#1152)
Update: August 25, 2014 – 5.0.4 Hotfix Release
- Fixes an issue that prevents the
cancelAllAPI method from actually cancelling all uploads. (#1262)
- Fixes an issue that prevents the correct associated button element from being passed to the
onValidateevent handler. Also, non-standard properties may be passed to this handler via the
- Fixes an issue that results in passing of an empty
nameparameter to the
onProgressevent handler. (#1255)
- Ensures that an empty/invalid name isn’t appended to scaled file names if the
nameproperty is left off of a
scalingoption entry. (#1243)
Update: July 1, 2014 – 5.0.3 Hotfix Release
- Fixes an issue where non-image files are not uploading when scaling is turned on and
sendOriginalis off. (#1238)
Update: June 17, 2014 – 5.0.2 Hotfix Release
- Fixes an issue with iOS subsampling images larger than 2 megapixels during the image scaling process (#1231)
Update: June 5, 2014 – 5.0.1 Hotfix Release
- On traditional endpoints, when a chunked upload completes the server responseJSON does not get passed to the handler (#1227)
We are excited to announce the official release of Fine Uploader version 5.0.
This is a major version release due to some breaking changes we made to support a great new feature: Concurrent Chunking! This is a feature that other libraries have attempted to implement, without success. Fine Uploader is the ONLY upload library to offer concurrent chunking. This new feature is targeted at applications that expect users to upload single very large files.
Our internal tests that involved uploading multiple chunks for a specific file concurrently showed significant improvements in bandwidth utilization. For example, on our internal network, sending a 110 MB file to S3 with chunk sizes of 5 MB took about 22 seconds when chunks were uploaded one-at-a-time (with concurrent chunking disabled). When maxing out the default maxConnections for that file (3 chunks at once, concurrent chunking enabled) the same file uploaded in about 12 seconds. All other users who tested this feature during the beta phase reported similar results.
You can read more about this new feature on the associated feature page on the docs site.
Support for other promise implementations
This change allows you to use any A+ certified promise impl (such as RSVP or Q) when communicating with Fine Uploader. You may also continue to use Fine Uploader’s own (non-A+-certified) promise implementation.
Dynamically Set Custom Headers
This is targeted specifically at traditional upload endpoints (not S3 or Azure). A new method, setCustomHeaders, has been added to allow you to set upload request headers at any time after the upload instance has been created.
- Form support parser ignores textarea elements (#1204)
- Retry Button should remove qq-hide while visible (#1193)
- File size of 20 bytes is reported for all files in older browsers (#1161)
- Google Closure Compiler Error (#1163)
- dataTransfer.items is an object in Chrome and passes the truthy test then throws on the array indexer after && causing a bug (#1166)
- Total Progress Bar Shows/Hides in rapid succession (#1175)
As always, for up-to-date information about features and fixes planned for the next release, please see the milestone in the Github issue tracker. At the writing of this post, we are in the process of planning the 5.1 release.
As always, we have continued to add the features that you all demand the most. Thanks again for your continued support. It is due to the backing of commercial license holders, everyone reporting bugs, those who suggest great features, and all the people that have expressed their support for this library that make it as great as it is.
Thanks for being a part of Fine Uploader!