Update: December 27, 2013 – 4.1.1 Hotfix Release
This hotfix release addresses the following issues:
- Fine Uploader S3: Uploads fail to complete in Safari 5. (#1080)
Here are some notable additions that are part of the 4.1 release:
- Image dimension validation
- Pause In-Progress Uploads
- Support for Internet Explorer 11
- Support for Opera
- Support for Mobile Chrome
Validate Image Dimensions
If you have a need to restrict uploaded image dimensions in your application, you can now enforce this client-side in all browsers other than IE9 and older, Safari 5.1 and older, and Android 2.3.x and older. You can restrict the height and/or width of submitted images via a new validation option property. Please see the validation feature documentation for more details.
This feature mainly compliments the chunking and auto-resume features. For example, while it is not necessary to “pause” an in progress upload to resume it later, it is probably much more intuitive for end users to do so. This feature also provides the ability to upload queued items immediately (or sooner) simply by pausing in-progress uploads that are lower priority.
See the pause feature documentation for more details.
Internet Explorer 11 Support
IE11 is now fully supported. In fact, all features available in IE10 are now available for
We have finally added support for Opera. Note that this only includes Opera 15 and newer. As of Opera 15, Chromium is used “under the hood”. As a result, all features supported in Chrome are also now supported when you are using Opera!
Mobile Chrome Support
We now support the Chrome browser on iOS6+ and Android 4+. In iOS, Chrome supports all of the same features as mobile Safari, except for progress reporting. On Android, mobile Chrome supports all of the features supported by the Android stock browser as well as progress reporting.
Other fixes & changes
- Exception when setting ios camera option on the default upload button
- getRemainingAllowedItems API method
- Protect Fine Uploader jQuery from exceptions caused by contributed callback handlers
- Fix error when attempting to set document as a drop zone
- Automatic workaround for iOS7 video (MOV) file size bug
- Added onUploadChunkSuccess callback
- Fix issue where thumbnail placeholder overrides client-side generated preview if upload request returns too quickly
- Fix bug where S3 upload is reset after last auto-retry fails
As always, for up-to-date information about features and fixes planned for the next release (4.2), please see the milestone in the Github issue tracker. We will begin to plan the 4.2 release shortly after this release of 4.1. Note that the release cycle for 4.2 will likely be longer than normal due to the upcoming holidays.